Yearend or Full Year Strategic & Operational Planning
Written and Recorded by Mike Ritsema, President & Partner, Directed by Molly Luxem, Marketing Assistant
Levers to any company's Breakthrough win:
- “99% of success from people in the service industry.”
- "There's no such thing as culture, there's only how we treat each other."
- "The most powerful team building tool we all understand is a strategy that we all understand, we all helped build, and that we all believe in. It is not the trust walk, trust fall, or ropes course."
- "Strategic Planning is dead & strategy has never been more important."
- "You can build a strategy in 48 hours that is 90% as good as one you could build in 3 months" Most strategy sessions are:
- Too infrequent (90 day resets)
- Too exclusive (everyone!)
Create a company of insultants via Democraship to get at good ideas. Ask 4 questions:
- "Quarterly: what are 20% of activities that get 80% of the results?" Democracy is great at getting good ideas - but terrible at getting things done.
- Last quarter, what were our 3 most important strategic accomplishments (how have we changed the field of play in the last 90 days)?
- In the last 90 days, what were the 3 most important ways we fell short of our strategic potential? Tap the CQ: complaint quotient. Channel the complaints into company improvements. Things we're not doing that we should be doing.
- What are the 3 most important things you've learned about our strategy?
- Turn the crank faster. (quarterly - 20% of activity make up 80% of results)
- Tie execution to Strategy: what is the one thing we can do to hit our 1-year mission?
Unanimity of agreement on the single initiative. Big Rock. Tie it to numbers.