How To Import Contacts (Greenridge)
The process that migrates email from GINO (Rackspace) to GINO 2.0 (Office365) does not include automatically migrating over your contacts. To move your contacts, you will need to do a onetime import of your existing contacts into Office 365.
Below you will find instructions for four popular Applications that you most likely are currently saving your contacts. If you find you are using a different application than one of the following, please let the migration team know.
By setting up contacts now, you will be already to go when we do our final cutover at the end of the month. Once we do the cutover, regardless of which device you keep your contacts on, you will see the same information across the board.
Migrating contacts is a twostep process. You will first need to export your contacts from your existing application and then import them into Office 365.
Step 1 Export Contact List
To Export your GINO (Rackspace) Contact List to a CSV file
- Log into your email through GINO or mail.greenridge.com
- From the “Contacts” tab at the top left, click the Import/Export button
- In the Exporting section, choose to Export to . . . Outlook 2003/2007
- Click the Export button. Depending on your web browser settings, you may need to choose one of the following:
- If your browser prompts you to save or open the .csv file, click the Save button.
- If a new browser window appears, displaying the contact list information, select File / Save As to save the file
- Select a temporary location where you want to save the .csv export file.
- Click the Save button.
To export contacts from Windows Live Mail
- Open Windows Live Mail
- In the lower-left corner, select Contacts.
- Select the Export icon at the top of the page. (If grayed-out, select “All Contacts” at the left)
- Select .csv as the file format in the drop-down menu.
- Select a temporary location where you want to save the .csv export file, and name it.
- Click the Save button.
- Select Next, and then select the check boxes next to the fields that you want to export. Only selected fields are exported, so make sure to select everything you might want later.
- Select Finish. This may take several minutes if you have a large number of contacts.
- *Important* - The procedure to import contacts into Office 365 has given inconsistent results. We are recommending that anyone needing to import contacts from Windows Live Mail attach their export file to an email and send to the Migration Team.
- Send email to email@example.com
- Attach you export file
- Send with subject line “WLM Contacts”
To export contacts from outlook
- Open Outlook 2010 and click File > Options.
- When the Outlook Options window opens, click Advanced. In the right pane, click the Export button.
- In the Import and Export Wizard window, select the Export to a file option, then click Next.
- Under Create a file of type:, select the Comma Separated Values (Windows) option to create a CSV file.
- Under Select folder to export from:, select the Contacts folder you would like to export, then click Next to continue.
- Under Save exported file as, click Browse to select a destination folder.
- In the File name: box, type a descriptive name for your contacts file, then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Complete the process by clicking Finish.
To export contacts from iCloud (iPhone Contacts)
most users who need to export contacts from their iPhone or Mac will already be syncing this information to an iCloud account. Exporting from iCloud is the preferred method. If you are not syncing to an iCloud account click on this link to setup contacts to sync with icloud.
- Log in to your iCloud account from a browser on your computer.
- Select one or more contacts in the contacts list.
- To select several adjacent contacts, click the first one, then Shift-click the last one. ...
- Click the cogwheel button on the bottom right and choose Export vCard from the pop-up menu.
To export contacts from Gmail into a CSV file, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click Gmail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Export....
- Choose whether to export all contacts or only one group.
- Select the Google CSV format.
- Click Export.
Step 2 Import contacts into Outlook on the Web, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Office 365.
- Open the app launcher tool in the top left of your Outlook on the web window as shown below.
- Click People.
- On the toolbar at the top of the page, click the down arrow next to Manage and select Import contacts.
- To import your 'csv' file, select "Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016".
- Click Browse to locate and select your file.
- Click Upload (at the top of the import dialogue box).
- Wait while your contacts are imported. An (Import successful” message will be displayed.
- Click Cancel to exit out of the import process.
- To see your contacts, click on “Contacts” under “Your Contacts” on the left side of the page.